New African Map, Charis Tsevis (Greece)
You are invited to celebrate Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday and his life’s contribution to humanity by creating a poster or series of posters. The project aims to collect 95 exceptional posters from around the world and collate them into an online publication and traveling exhibition.
Emerging Underworld Serpent 3, Frida Larios, El Salvador/Honduras/USA
- All designers and artists are invited to celebrate the life of the globally beloved icon Nelson Mandela by creating a poster or series of posters . The collection will be launched on the occasion of his 95th birthday, 18 July 2013.
- The project is not for gain and is coordinated by an independent team of volunteers. The poster collection and all proceeds that may arise from the project will be donated to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust to aid in the establishment of a dedicated children’s hospital in Johannesburg.
Hervé Matine, France
- Celebrate Nelson Mandela’s life through a collection of posters.
- Collect 95 exceptional posters from around the world in 60 days.
- Contribute to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust.
Lehlogonolo Mokotedi, South Africa
21 June 2013
Print: A2, 300dpi in PDF format with no bleed
95 Rainbows, Steve Rayner, South Africa
Participation is open to all
Booshan Belut, Mauritius
International travelling exhibition
Nkosikhona Ngcobo, South Africa
14 June: Confirmation of participation
21 June: Poster submission deadline
27 June: Curating of works
18 July: Launch of online gallery
Dates and venues for the travelling exhibition are currently under development
Russell Kennedy, Australia
Comments & Observations
- The Mandela legacy needs to be respected.
- Please ensure that you respect all copyrights and secure permissions where required.
- This is meant to be a tribute to a legendary man from us, the creative community.
- You acknowledge that all works submitted is yours and you own all rights to it.
- The facilitators of this project cannot take any responsibility for any copyright infringements or misrepresentations made by persons submitting work to this project. All work is accepted in good faith.
- Contributors agree to donate their poster/s without charge to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust and allow the Trust to exhibit and reproduce copies as part of its fundraising programme. The Trust will respect the intellectual rights of all contributors/creators and will not sell copies of the artwork without written permission.
Humanity, Hon Bingwah, China
- Mohammed Jogie (founder, co-curator and logistics lead)
- Jacques Lange (co-curator, international liaison and exhibitions lead)
- Marco Cannata (sponsorship lead)
- Vuyo Lutseke (media & communications officer at Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust)
- Kelo Kubu (legal lead)
- Ithateng Mokgoro (branding lead)
- Frances Frylinck (communications and social media)
Brenda Sanderson, Canada
Jacques Lange, jacquesL@iafrica.com
Mohammed Jogie, email@example.com
See more at https://plus.google.com/communities/100850254119174737190
Wandisile Mokwebo, South Africa
Mohammed Jogie, South Africa